Friday, September 17, 2010

grey pillows.


No penciling, just straight ink on paper. That's how I like to roll. These daily drawings are just a way to be spontaneous and have fun. Sometimes I will look at photo reference, like I did for this drawing. But most of the time it's just freestyling straight off the dome, let it flow, keep it loose. Make it fun. Most of these are just unplanned drawings coming out of my warped little mind. I try not to even lift the pen off the paper in most of these, so that the drawing looks like one continuous, flowing line. Inking is sexy. That's my main thing. Fuck penciling. I only pencil if it's absolutely necessary. The real mark of an artist is if you can just hand them a pen and they can devastate shit with it. That's what I'm working toward. Hope you're enjoying the drawings...

8 comments:

Johnny Gonzo said...

nice, love how you roll yo! same as this kid, Fuck pencilling! haha.

damon said...

nice
very sexy

BLUZILLA ONE said...

man i been doing this a lot too, on paper and on the wacom. shits fun and i've gotten so much more loose and free! im learning to let go of my imperfections and just create. if it comes out dope, cool. if not, thats cool too. and yo this chick is BAD by tha way!! i need to get on your level son!

pogues said...

What pen do you use? Also what are you using for the white ink? Brush/brand?

Fabian said...

I like your quote "Inking is Sexy". !! That rules, man! Will follow advice. Excellent piece here!! :)

Food One said...

I stole that "inking is sexy" line from Will Eisner. he said it first and he was totally right. He is also one of the all-time badass motherfucking masters of inking, so...

aaron said...

yeh dude.loving these sketch pieces.
Has inspired me to get a sketchbook and try and do a daily drawing

Daisy Church said...

this one is beautiful! love it :)